The UK's first Switchgear and Controlgear manufacturing company to introduce an integrated quality, environmental and safety management system.
Technical Control Systems has introduced an Integrated Management System (hereafter referred to as "IMS") which combines the management systems ISO9001 for quality, ISO14001 for environment and ISO45001 for occupational health and safety. The IMS was first introduced in August 2005 and officially launched as of the 3rd January 2006.
OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 was additionally combined with the already certified ISO9001 and we are the first in the Switchgear and Controlgear manufacturing industry in the UK to introduce an IMS.
The IMS has been put into operation at our Leeds Office and Factory and covers the design, manufacture, testing, installation and servicing of all TCS products.
Integrated Management System Policy
- To strive for continuous improvement of the integrated management system to enhance quality, environmental and performance by establishing business goals and implementing plans to achieve them.
- To meet customer needs by providing quality products and services through an environment friendly production system, and a workplace in which workers actively participate to contribute to health and safety.
- To protect the environment, prevent pollution, prevent work related injury and ill health, comply with laws and regulations to satisfy legal and other requirements, and through the hierarchy of controls, control risks.
- A downloadable copy of our IMS policy is avaiable at the following link: IMS Policy
Integrated Management System objectives
Create corporate value
- Improve profitability
- Promote environmental management .
Enhance brand value and customer satisfaction
- Ensure on-time delivery
- Respond swiftly to complaints
- Improve service quality
- Improve Environmental communication
- Design environmental conformity products
Promote creation of safety and a clean efficient factory
- Prevent global warming
- Promote green procurement
- Reduce waste
- Enhance management of harmful substances
- Raise production/administrative efficiency
- Strive for zero-accidents
- Minimize risk through risk assessment
The Management system is composed of integrated quality, environmental and occupational health and safety Management systems.
It carries out activities in an effective way, organically combining standards. The first of these is ISO 9001 for obtaining customers satisfaction. The second is ISO 14001 for corporate social responsibility and obtaining the satisfaction of interested parties. The third one is ISO 45001 for obtaining the satisfaction of employees with a safe work environment provided, and other standards.