At Technical Control Systems we are focused on delivering quality products and services, providing trust, commitment, and professionalism. We listen, we discuss, we advise and develop solutions with our customers.
We aim to encourage and develop our employees to achieve individual job satisfaction, career aspiration, required skill levels and maintain up to date technical knowledge.
To apply for any of our current positions, initially email in confidence a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any candidates selected for interview will be requested to attend a formal interview and should prepare by completing the TCS Application For Employment form.
TCS is committed to equality of opportunity and recognises that it is in the interests of the Company, as well as its employees, to promote a policy for equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. TCS considers all forms of discrimination in the workplace to be unacceptable. This policy was updated in 2006, in line with the Race Relations Act 1976 and the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000.
- TCS is fully committed to providing equality of opportunity throughout employment including recruitment, training and development and promotion. No job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment than another on grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marriage, age, religion, disability, and will not be unlawfully refused employment because of membership or non-membership of a Trade Union.
- Special attention is given to interviewing, selection, recruitment and training to ensure that there is effective implementation of Company policy. Promotion is based upon ability, merit and performance taking into account the future needs of TCS.
- TCS has taken steps to ensure that all employees are aware of the company policy in respect of equal opportunities by reference in the IMS Manual.
- All employees have a duty to assist TCS in ensuring that this policy is carried out in its entirety. Any allegations of unlawful discrimination will be treated seriously and dealt with confidentially in accordance with set procedures.
We are looking to increase our estimating department to further support our existing clients, new business area initiatives and recently awarded frameworks.Tasks
- Use drawings and specifications to produce competitive tenders for Low Voltage switchboards, Motor Control Centres and Control Panels. Interpret contract/tender requirements
- Produce enquiries for suppliers and subcontractors and review returned documents for inclusion in main bid
- Involvement in finalization of tenders including value engineering suggestions, alternative manufacturer proposals etc. and transfer of agreed values into an estimating system
- Ensure all offers submitted are correctly costed
- Produce professional looking tenders to customers
- As required represent the Company in negotiations, meetings and site visits
- Maintain and developing meaningful relationships with our customers
- When PO is received complete the necessary contract paperwork and pass to engineering department
- Working to HNC or equivalent electrical / electronic engineering qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Electrical estimating experience in the industry essential
- Good understanding of technical issues
- Ability to read and clearly understand electrical drawings and specifications
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in approach to tender deadlines
- Computer literate with experience of ‘Estimation’ software desirable.
- Confident and articulate with an attention to detail
- Highly professional, highly organized with a high level of integrity
- Able to communicate at different levels and situations
- Valid UK driving license